Job Title: Server
Reports To: Kitchen Manager
Date: January 2017 (revised)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
All Courtyard employees are required to support the mission, vision, and values of Courtyard Village at Raleigh Hills by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, and commitment to our residents.
The Server is responsible for the preparation and clean-up of dining room for all resident meals. The position sets up and serves sit down and buffet style meals complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established dining room programs and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares Dining Room For Meals By Setting And Clearing Tables And Cleaning Tables And Chairs After Each Meal.
- Carry Trays Of Food And Beverages To Tables And Serves The Residents And Their Guests.
- Serves Food Correctly According To The Standard Set Forth In The Table Service Style.
- Operates Required Dining Room And Kitchen Equipment.
- Delivers Menus, Calendars, And Activity Updates On A Weekly Or As Needed Basis.
- Adheres To Dress Code Established For All Server Staff.
- Complies With Established Sanitation Standards, Personal Hygiene, And Health Standards.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following are the minimum levels required to successfully perform the Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities.
- Prior Food Service Experience Is Preferred.
- Read, Write, Speak, And Understand English And Follow Oral And Written Directions.
- Ability To Be Flexible And Respond Appropriately And Effectively To Changing Work Conditions.
- Demonstrated Skill In Understanding And Working With An Elderly Population And The Special Need To Ensure Their Safety And Comfort In The Dining Room.
- Consistently Demonstrate Teamwork And Positive Day-To-Day Work Relationships And Interactions With Co-Workers, Managers, Residents, Resident Family Members And Friends, And Vendors.
- Must Have And Maintain A Valid Food Handler Card Or Food Manager Training Certificate.
Environment and Physical Requirements: The Lead Server works in a typical dining room environment that involves varying conditions and circumstances with residents, staff, visitors, government agencies, and others. The position stands, walks, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. The incumbent must be able to lift, push, pull, move and carry food, food trays, supplies, dining chairs, table, and other items in excess of 25 pounds.
Hours: Typical hours are varying part-time shifts of 3:00p.m. – 7:00p.m., 9:00a.m. – 3:00p.m. to full time shifts of 6:30a.m. – 3:00p.m., 10:00a.m. – 7:00p.m. The Kitchen Manager makes the final decision on schedules and hours based on kitchen and dining room needs. Weekend hours may vary because of brunch. Courtyard provides 7-day a week, 24-hour resident coverage. Staff are scheduled for regular hours, however, to ensure needs are met, staff may be required to be flexible in the number and hours scheduled to work. This includes evenings, weekends and holidays and may require ability to be on call.
Other Duties and Responsibilities: This job description is a summary of the essential duties and responsibilities for this job, and it does not necessarily represent an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities, tasks or procedures. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments. Nothing in this description restricts Courtyard’s right to assign or reassign duties at any time.
Accommodation Statement: Essential job duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform the job successfully, an incumbent or applicant must possess the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty and responsibility proficiently. If you require an accommodation in order to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, please contact the Courtyard General Manager.