Job Title: Housekeeper
Reports To: Lead Housekeeper
Date: January 2017 (revised)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
All Courtyard employees are required to support the mission, vision, and values of Courtyard Village at Raleigh Hills by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, and commitment to our residents.
The Housekeeper is responsible for the maintenance of resident apartments and common areas by cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, polishing, and following all established housekeeping procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sweeps And Mops Hard Surface Floors And Carpet Floors.
- Empties All Trash, Cleans Waste Receptacles, Disposes Of Trash And Newspapers In Compact Area.
- Launders And Folds All Linens. Makes Beds As Requested.
- Cleans Bathrooms, Sinks, Counters, Mirrors, Toilets, Showers And Tubs, And Towel Bars.
- Cleans The Exterior Of Refrigerators And Stovetops.
- Cleans Windows And Blinds On A Scheduled Basis.
- Reports Any Maintenance Problems In Maintenance Logbook.
- Maintains A Personal Cleaning Cart.
- Recognizes Maintenance Deficiencies And/Or Damages In Apartments That Could Cause Harm To Residents (Such As A Loose Grab Bar) And Reports Them To Appropriate Staff.
- Adheres To All Established Housekeeping Procedures For Private Residences And Common Areas.
- Shares Responsibility For Cleaning Resident Apartments And Common Areas, Cleans Where Are Assigned, And Understands That There Are No Guaranteed Specific Cleaning Areas Or Apartments For Individual Housekeepers.
- Adheres To Dress Code Established For All Housekeeping Staff.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following are the minimum levels required to successfully perform the Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities.
- Previous Housekeeping Experience Is Preferred But Not Required.
- Read, Write, Speak, And Understand English And/Or Spanish And Follow Oral And Written Directions.
- Ability To Respond To Immediate Needs For Cleaning To Ensure The Safety And Comfort Of Residents.
- Ability To Be Flexible And Respond Appropriately And Effectively To Changing Work Conditions And Requests.
- Ability To Understand And Work With An Elderly Population And The Special Need To Ensure Their Safety And Comfort In Their Private Residences And Common Areas.
- Consistently Demonstrate Teamwork And Positive Day-To-Day Work Relationships And Interactions With Co-Workers, Managers, Residents, Resident Family Members And Friends, And Vendors.
Environment and Physical Requirements: The Housekeeper works in a residential housing environment that involves varying conditions and circumstances with residents, staff, visitors, government agencies, and others. The position stands, walks, bends, lifts, pushes, and moves constantly during working hours. The incumbent must be able to lift, push, pull and move furniture, supplies, and other items in excess of 20 pounds.
Housekeeping staff works in private residences and must never take anything out of a resident’s apartment or accept any items from residents without notifying their supervisor and following established CYV procedures.
Hours: Typical hours are full-time, varying shifts of 7:00a.m. – 3:30p.m. or 8:00a.m. – 3:30p.m. Courtyard provides 7-day a week, 24-hour resident coverage. Staff are scheduled for regular hours, however, to ensure needs are met, staff may be required to be flexible in the number and hours scheduled to work. This includes evenings, weekends and holidays and may require ability to be on call.
Other Duties and Responsibilities: This job description is a summary of the essential duties and responsibilities for this job, and it does not necessarily represent an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities, tasks or procedures. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments. Nothing in this description restricts Courtyard’s right to assign or reassign duties at any time.
Accommodation Statement: Essential job duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform the job successfully, an incumbent or applicant must possess the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty and responsibility proficiently. If you require an accommodation in order to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, please contact the Courtyard General Manager.