Job Title: Dishwasher
Reports To: Kitchen Manager
Date: January 2017 (revised)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
All Courtyard employees are required to support the mission, vision, and values of Courtyard Village at Raleigh Hills by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, and commitment to our residents.
The Dishwasher/Prep Cook is responsible for washing and putting away dishes, cookware, and utensils following resident meals. The Dishwasher provides back-up to servers as needed while complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established dining room programs and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Properly Washes Dishes, Cookware, And Utensils And Puts Them Away In Their Proper Locations.
- Properly Cares For All Dining And Kitchen Equipment.
- Performs Cleaning Duties As Assigned, Such As: Cleans And Polishes Prep Tables, Hand Sinks, Steamer, Ovens, Range Tops, Glass, And Other Kitchen Surfaces According To Established Schedules.
- Learns, Understands, And Exhibits The Proper And Safe Operation Of Dishwashing Equipment.
- Complies With Established Sanitation Standards, Personal Hygiene, And Health Standards.
- Provides Backup To Servers As Necessary Or When Directed.
- Complies With All Established Dining Room Programs And Procedures.
- Assists The Lead Line Cook In Preparing Meals When Necessary Or Directed.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following are the minimum levels required to successfully perform the Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities.
- Previous Experience As A Dishwasher Is Not Necessary, But Preferred.
- Ability To Speak And Understand Basic English, And Follow Oral Directions.
- Consistently Demonstrate Teamwork And Positive Day-To-Day Work Relationships And Interactions With Co-Workers, Managers, Residents, Resident Family Members And Friends, And Vendors.
- Must Have And Maintain A Valid Food Handler Card Or Food Manager Training Certificate.
Environment and Physical Requirements: The Dishwasher works in a busy kitchen and dining room environment that involves varying conditions and circumstances with residents, staff, visitors, government agencies, and others. The position stands, walks, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. The incumbent must be able to lift, push, pull and move dishes, tubs and trays with dishes, food, equipment, supplies, and other dining and kitchen items in excess of 25 pounds.
Hours: Typical hours are part-time, varying shifts of 9:00a.m. – 4:00p.m. or 2:00p.m. – 8:00p.m. Courtyard provides 7-day a week, 24-hour resident coverage. Staff are scheduled for regular hours, however, to ensure needs are met, staff may be required to be flexible in the number and hours scheduled to work. This includes evenings, weekends and holidays and may require ability to be on call.
Other Duties and Responsibilities: This job description is a summary of the essential duties and responsibilities for this job, and it does not necessarily represent an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities, tasks or procedures. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments. Nothing in this description restricts Courtyard’s right to assign or reassign duties at any time.
Accommodation Statement: Essential job duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform the job successfully, an incumbent or applicant must possess the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty and responsibility proficiently. If you require an accommodation in order to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, please contact the Courtyard General Manager.